Friday, June 13, 2008

So, I procrastinate...what else is new?!?!

Well, getting off to a slow start here. It's not all my fault, really. Life has just been super busy lately, and I have been pretty tired because of it. Let's see....where to begin?

Well, work is always busy for me, so I won't go into great detail about that....at least not here...but a trip to Austin to see Local H play and a whole lot of house work is basically pretty much all.

It's amazing how house work (in general) is never really finished. I don't know if it's the same for every one, but there is always something either going or something going wrong. It's a little frustrating for us right now.

We had decided to start working on the house, something that we had always wanted to do but never really got going, and actually had some really nice work done. The Computer Room and the Living Room were completely redone...new sheet rock, insulation, new paint, and to top it off we had some laminate wood flooring placed in these rooms as well. It was really coming together.

A month or two after all of that was completed and with no rain, the work that we had done to the front room is starting to crack. In two places as well. Man, we were both pretty bummed about it too. We think that the house is still not leveled, we knew that when we decided to get the house worked on, but just kind of gambled on it a little. We really don't know what we can do about it, short of having a foundation company come out, which isn't really cheap by the way. We don't know if even having another company come out would fix the problem completely either. Hell, the only real way to fix the problem would probably be to knock the house down completely and start from scratch. If only money wasn't a problem.

I guess we have to just live with what we can right now. Ruby told me to just look on the bright side...at least the house looks better. She's right, it does, but when the bathroom door doesn't close all of the way now, it still gets hard to do. Man, we can really use some rain to help this problem out a little.

Well, I guess that is all that I have for now.

oh yeah, The Dynamo are now tied for first in the West (after a slow, slow start), I still can't get enough of the new Local H album (12 Angry Months), and I am as tired as ever (have I mentioned that already?)

No comments: