Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's been weird lately...

Ya'll, it's just been a bit weird for me these last few days...I think that work is definitely speeding up the process of my death (or something), and the house is in disary (yet again).

I don't want to talk about work, so......

We are having some major electrical issues at the ol' homestead. We can't quite get to the bottom of it. It can get a little scary when around 2 in the morning (I can't honestly remember what time it was), your outlet in the front room, that has the tv and everything plugged in suddenly blows out and you hear popping and crackling afterward. Is the house going to burn?! Did the tv make it?! What the hell is going on? To top all of that off, I wasn't even drunk. God damn...a miserable night. And I was even in the middle of watching CB4...what else can go wrong!?? Luckily the tv, ps3, and cable box were all plugged into a surge protector. Very lucky, let me tell you.

The next day the same thing happened in the computer room. That surge protector blew out and is dead. Again, yet another scare to hear a noise and them smoke forming in the computer room. Yeah, that surge protector had some melted insides, and I think the same goes for the AT&T modem, again, I am lucky that the Mac was unplugged. You kind of think to yourself, once more, is the house going to burn to the ground, and gee, I hope the computer is still working. I would have cried had that thing blew out. A quick word of advice, if you have some form of electronic that requires plug in, but that sucker on a surge protector.

An electrician that we have looking into it suggests that we have our local energy company come out and check the lines. We think that the problem has something to do with the lines that feed our house power, that will be the best possible senerio for us, and the cheapest. We have to wait for them to come out, a 2 to 3 day wait, but with rain in the forecast for the next 5 days, I fear that wait will grow longer. Tonight, we sleep at my Momma's place, and it might not be the last night either. Not too much we can do at this point.

It's weird to be without tv or a computer for a day or two. I feel a little lost. Technology has really gotten us by the balls, doesn't it?!?

For now, we just wait to see just what the final outcome is going to be. While I wait, alcohol helps to ease that pain a little...well, that and cussing a lot!

Well, that is all that I have for now, I think I will go catch the end of Return of the Jedi with Raymond and finish off this beer....more updates later....

No comments: