Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Dark Knight Rises

...it's a been a very log time since my last post. I have been thinking about updating the blog during that past week. There are a lot of things running through my mind that I want to write about, let's just see how it goes... One of the biggest highlights for me this summer, and possibly in my life, was getting the chance to watch The Dark Knight Rises on IMAX with Raymond. It was cool to at least see the final part of the Dark Knight Trilogy with him. Of course I would have loved to see them all with him, but at least the last one will definitely do. The one instance that I will never ever forget, and that I play back in my head was the first time that Bale's Dark Knight made his first presence in the movie. Raymond's eyes lit up and the smile was as big as the IMAX screen itself. I don't really know what made me turn to him at the time, but I am glad that did. The movie itself was pretty good. I want to see it at least one more time on the big screen, but time being so precious and all...I don't think that I will get the chance. In any event, I cannot wait for the bluray release this fall, which will probably come faster than we all anticipate. I know that Raymond probably didn't grasp the story much, but there was a time during the movie that he whispered "Awesome!". In the end too, I would assume that it was just a chance to go to the movies to see Batman and Bane battle it out, but for me it was one of those great Father/Son moments. Being a geek at times, this was as big as it gets. It was bittersweet to see the Nolan helmed Batman universe put to an end, but I am almost certain that a reboot can't be too far down the road. Although, I enjoyed the realistic approach that the storyline had, I wouldn't mind seeing a very "comic book" style version come back to life....we will see...I can only hope that it is good... here is my current background at home....

No comments: