Monday, December 28, 2015

Day one of the parks

It finally happened!  We ventured to the parks today.  Disney Animal Kingdom was first up.  Nice park and we got there early enough that there wasn't much hassle.  Most of the rides we did weren't that long a wait, 50 minutes at one of these massively visited parks is virtually nothing.  Seriously.

There was crying, more than once and not much money thrown around by us.  Raymond rode his first real roller coaster....and it went well.  I skipped out on it as I am not the biggest roller coaster guy, but Ruby and Grandpa went with him and he was as happy as could be.  Of course I wasn't really sure how it was going to go.  I figured he was either going to love it, or he would never ride another one again.  Safe to say, he will be riding more in the next few days.  On the way out of the park for the day, we stopped in one of the gift shops and Raymond found the shirt that said "I conquered Everest," which was the ride he rode.  We skipped out on it, but I have a feeling we will either get it here, or online for a little cheaper.  I think we almost have to.

Of course there was crying, and on more than one occasion.  It certainly appears that the girls are not down with getting wet at all at amusement parks.  We rode a "Thunder River" type ride (for those that know the now defunct Astro World), which is like the big tube like ride that you sit in with about 10 other people.  Well the girls all got it good.  They were not happy, while Grandpa and I barely got touched.  They crying seeming lasted an hour or so.  Oh, they got over it, but rest assured they will not get on another ride that involves water.

All in all, it wasn't as bad as I thought.  There is plenty more I could get too, but running short on gas at the moment.  I hope I got the jist of it out here.  (Below is the "Tree of Life"...it is massive and very cool looking, it is about 145 feet tall and about 50 feet wide)


No comments: