Wednesday, January 3, 2018

One goal for 2018


I’m trying to read more in 2018, among other things. 



The first book up is American Gods.  I actually started reading this last year, but finished it up with the help of Audible. I’m up to debate on whether audio books are actually considered “reading” books or not. In any event, I completed it via audio book. I read more than half of it, and in true Nick fashion, stopped and put it away for a while. 

I absolutely loved this book. I mean, I really enjoyed it. I’m not going to review it or anything because I’m the absolute worse when it comes to describing or recommending something to anyone. That being said, I am about to dive into all things Neil Gaiman. Hell, I will even READ this novel again. Like freaking seriously. 

I have come to find out that he has a few other stories based in The American Gods Universe. I must have them...

Now, they just adapted and aired a season on American Gods on Starz.  I’m not entirely sure I like it. It strayed from the book a bit. The first two episodes or so are solid, then it strays. The show runners that were in charge of the first season have since left the show. I wonder what is going to happen from here on out. I think it was casted wonderfully, so there is that. I’ll just have to wait and see if they can get it together, at least in for me....


So, there it is. I’ll go and consider that my first book read in the new year.  Does it really count?  Hmmmm...I don’t know, but it’ll do for me. 

No comments: