Tuesday, September 25, 2012

38:34.9





...well, there it is...that is my official time of my first 5K...although I made it through and completed it, it was a bit more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I know, I know...it is my first one. It should be the worse one that I ever do, right!? I hope so. I mean, I really hope that I continue to train and just get better.

The worse part is, that out of my age group (35-39 years old, Males) I place 153rd out of 194...doesn't sound good to me at all. In fact, it makes be cringe a little...damn it!! Got to get better!! HAVE TO!!!!

In any event, I was very excited. I couldn't wait for it to finally get here. I know that the main goal was to complete it, and I did, but it was difficult. Where I am at right now, I can do 2 miles fairly easy...it's after that in which I struggle. Well, I just want to improve. I do want to become a full fledged runner. I pick it back up tomorrow with a light jog, and I continue on a new training...I am nervous about it...it starts into the more advanced running. I shouldn't train as a novice anymore. It is going to be challenging, but I think it will be good for me in the end....

It was fantastic to have the family show up and share the experience with me. Laura got a few good shots of me and the kiddos, which I love!! I guess to my credit I went through the finish with such speed that Laura's camera just could not keep up with me and I was a blur!! LOL! Well, that is what I am saying any how....


No comments: