Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day One

...weekday one that is...

It's the time of the year that more and more people are learning to love more than ever. That's right, it's the opening weekend of the NFL season! What a way to start off the season too! There were a couple of very good games for us to all watch! It means a lot more to me than it might for most. Not only do we get to root for our favorite team, but we all get to hang out with family and friends. It's something that I don't get to do these days, or at least it seems that way. Good food, alcohol and family....does it get any better than that? I don't know.

It certainly was an added bonus that The Texans started off the year the way that they were supposed to, by stomping on the Manning less Colts. Sure people still find things to complain about them, but in the end, they won big. Isn't that what it is all about anyway? Ultimately getting that all important "W"? Not only that, but I think I started off the season by drinking a bit too much. I guess that tends to happen on the first Sunday of the season because there isn't anyway that I can keep that kind of drinking up every Sunday....nor do I plan to....

As the first Monday of my week long vacation came to an end, I guess it was a productive one. We got to straighten up the living room/table. Well, I have to give most, if not all, of the credit to Ruby. Always a battle it is to try and clean our poor little, broken home. Although, it won't stay like that for very long, it felt good to have a clean room for just a little while....

Here are just a few thoughts that I had while watching the Pats and Dolphins game. Had Raymond not been playing on my phone, I might have tweeted these...

"They gonna kill Reggie Bush if they keep letting him run inside."
"Dolphins are celebrating that first touchdown like they are going to the Super Bowl, relax, there are still three more quarters!"
"Ok, the Dolphins are trying to make this a game!"
"Ok, Reggie bush wants to be an every down back? Well, I want to be a millionaire"
"An all out blitz on the goal line against Brady? Making it too easy for him"


****a couple more days for the big bluray release, here's a little something that i thought was funny.....

No comments: