Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day Two

...Weekday two of my week long vacation is just about in the books. I am feeling tired, and I really don't want to be. I can't say that I did a whole lot today. Still, I felt as it was a good day.

I think it is pretty safe to say that when you have kids, you don't really get a day off. I was off from working at my normal job, but I was on girl duty today. Naturally I spent most of the morning at my Mother's house. Around midday it was time to come home and make sure that the girls got in a nap before we dropped them off at Mom's again and attended Raymond's open house at school. While the girls napped, I had a little quiet time and cleaned up while I had the chance. Not overly eventful, but a little productive still.

The Girls are doing so well. I had a great day with them. Wow, they turn two years old on Friday. As they get older, it seems to get a little easier. I mean, we don't have to watch over them every minute of the day. They can get away with playing in another room for a while, that is before they start fighting over a toy or a book or whatever. Still, it is getting easier and I am happy to say that I am glad that we do have happy children for the most part.

Tomorrow is Wednesday which means that my vacation is almost over. I am not going to complain that it is going to fast or that it didn't last long enough, because let's face it, I am not at work. That is enough for me. I just have to enjoy the time off, right!?

On another note, Ruby and I haven't had any luck with any plant of any kind in the nine years that we have been married. Hell, I can barely cut grass. We do have an aloe plant that has managed to survive us for a while. I noticed it in the computer room last week and it was starting to look not so greenish, so I decided to water it and take it outside. Some sun should do it good right? Well after watering it and a few days going by, I see it outside only to find that it is now brown!! Damn. I told Ruby that if we killed an Aloe plant, then something is wrong with us!! I didn't expect for that to happen for reals, you know!? I watered it again, sprayed it with a water bottle and brought it inside. Turns out, it really doesn't have to be outside for very long. Now I know that. Hopefully I can salvage it. I will keep an update on that in about a week or so....

Well, there you have it another update. My goal is to keep this up for five days straight. If I can do that, I will be happy!

Here's another stupid/funny Star Wars video...(big day inches closer and closer...)

No comments: