Monday, June 24, 2013

Time to get back on the horse...



Well, after a four week (yikes!) lay off, today is the day that I get back on track. Went for a run, ate some breakfast, and am well on my way to drinking water like I am supposed to. I guess the beach house interfered more than I would have liked. I mean, I got busy on the week leading up to it, and then being on an actual vacation just slowed me down. I was really looking forward to running on the beach. I was at 3.5 miles and that would have been a great run, in the end I didn't go. No real regret. I missed out and now I start back up. I did 1.5 miles today and it wasn't all that bad. Next run is 2 miles, we shall see how that goes...

I have a few personal goals for the week and I hope to live up to them the entire week.

Run - done that!
Play guitar everyday
Read - have some books in need to get into!
Listen to some new music (to me)
and of course, clean up around the house here and there....

My first run back, I ran to The Dark Knight Rise Soundtrack.  I figured that I need some superhero shit to get me going.  It worked.  I always dug that soundtrack, it kind of gets me hype!!  Cheesy, corny..yeah, yeah, yeah....

I have gained about six pounds back from the four week layoff, and I kinda feel it.  I guess if any, that is the only real regret...boy, you sure can gain that weight back so easily and so quickly.  It's all good, just gotta keep it up and start eating a bit more sensible, and it all should work out in the end (no pun intended)...



No comments: